Monday, April 17, 2006

Brandon's Steak & Seafood - Schenectady

I must be eating out more lately - lots to write about.

I was invited to have lunch in Schenectady with some older gentlemen (older than me anyway). They apparently have a regular lunch at Brandon's, on Van Vranken Avenue.

I had a cup of lentil soup and a mediterranean pasta dish -- it had spinach, roasted red peppers, and shrimp, drenched in olive oil. Other than the shrimp, it was a good low-cholesterol meal. And I didn't eat all the shrimp.

The shrimp were the really small kind, about the size of the fingernail on my pinky. That's a minor turnoff, but the dish was quite good. Lentil soup was excellent. The others had clam chowder and sandwiches, and they seemed quite happy.

Brandon's also has a pretty classy interior. Nice place. I can see why these guys are regulars. There was a decent lunch crowd, so it must have a good following.

No comments: