Sunday, October 16, 2005

Announcing Albany NY Restaurant Reviews

Since I found restaurant reviews in local papers to be imperfect, I decided to create my own restaurant review blog. I eat out a lot, so I figure I'll share my thoughts on various restaurants.

I've been particularly disappointed with reviews of Japanese restaurants. I lived in Japan for a year, so I think I know what I'm talking about. Reviews often talk about things like the "Rainbow Roll", which is not the true measure of washoku (Japanese food). Some places don't get the sauces right. The real test of a sushi place is the sashimi, or how they do the tamago (egg).

Anyway, to make this more democratic, I'm happy to invite others to join this blog. If you'd like to post restaurant reviews, send me a draft review by e-mail (wredlich@gmail.com). If i like your review, I'll invite you to become a member of the blog. I will of course retain dictatorial power, but I'll try to behave.

No comments: