Monday, June 26, 2006

Red Robin - Halfmoon

After a lovely day, we met my in-laws at Red Robin in the Town of Halfmoon. It's on Route 9 near Exit 9 on the Northway, an area many of us think of as Clifton Park.

The place was pretty full, with a lot of kids there. The staff do a Happy Birthday thing for people, and there must have been five birthdays while we were there. They've got someone in a bird suit who comes around too. I guess that's nice for the kids. Our kids seemed to like the place.

My wife liked her salad, and my in-laws apparently like the place too. I had the Carnitas. This is in direct contravention of my low-cholesterol diet, so I hope my doctor doesn't read this. Hey, I skipped the sour cream (well, I told them not to bring me any - they did anyway, and I managed not to eat any of it).

My dish was, well, it wasn't anything special, but it wasn't bad either. There just wasn't any particular flavor to it. I'm not saying it tasted like sawdust, but it just didn't have the right seasonings. That's mainly my fault for ordering a Mexican dish in a burger place. Same reason you don't order Spaghetti at Denny's.

I can't see myself rushing back there, but if my in-laws said they wanted to meet there again I wouldn't say no either.

No comments: