Monday, October 17, 2005

Mangia - Stuvyesant Plaza

Had lunch with my wife at Mangia today. Mangia is in Stuvyesant Plaza in Guilderland. I had curry chicken soup and an Italian mixed wrap. She had Minestrone and a vegetable pizza. It was $25 with tip.

The food was okay, but nothing terribly special. My soup was a bit below average. Their food is generally good, but it's a little too "nouvelle". My wrap had flecks of green in it and too much of an herb flavor. The "balsamic reduction" didn't do much, and so it was a bit bland. Also, the meat was a little chewier than I'm used to. They have a pizza buffet on Wednesdays, and that is quite popular.

Overall I think it's a little overpriced for the quality. Service was good today, but that may have been more because it wasn't crowded.

They sat us in a nice room with a lot of windows looking out on the grass in front of Route 20. My wife liked that in particular. Mangia is close to my office and I almost never go there, so maybe that tells you something. We went there today because my wife wanted someplace quick - and they did deliver that. I think she may have enjoyed her food more, so maybe I just wasn't in the mood.

No comments: